Fire Chief in Chugiak, Alaska
Are you a skilled diplomatic leader and consensus builder, with experience in Fire, EMS, administration and budgets, supervision of employees, and working with volunteer Fire/EMS providers? This might be the job you've been looking for. Chugiak Volunteer Fire and Rescue Company is looking for a new Fire/EMS Chief. Located 20 minutes from Anchorage and 20 minutes from the wilderness, this vital community department is a great place to work. We value volunteerism, training, commitment, excellence, and family.
• 10 years of experience in Fire/EMS service
• Five years' experience in administration, supervision, and budget development
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Demonstrated professional oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills
• Experience working with volunteer firefighters and EMS providers
• State of Alaska certified Firefighter I eligible, II preferred
• State of Alaska or Nationally Registered advanced level EMT required, Paramedic preferred
• State of Alaska certified Fire Officer I, or eligible within one year as training is available
• Bachelor's Degree in Fire Science, Business, Management, Public Administration, or similar field preferred
• Attendance in National Fire Academy management or leadership classes
• Must live within the area bounded by Hiland Road and the Knik River or do so within six months.
NOTE: Hiring qualification requirements may be modified if, in the opinion of the Hiring Board, a particular candidate possesses significant offsetting characteristics, such as past accomplishments, experience, education, or estimated of future potential. Should an applicant be deficient in certain educational achievements, offsetting experience may be substituted, or vice versa.
• Salary Range - $100,000 to $125,000, DOE, EOE
• Health insurance
• Generous holiday and vacation leave
• 403b retirement plan with 5% employer match
• Chier s company car
• Moving assistance
Job description and details for applying can be found at www.cvfrd.org