CHENA-GOLDSTREAM FIRE & RESCUE
HIRING for MULTIPLE POSITIONS!!
SHIFT OFFICER, DRIVER/MEDCIC, and ENTRY LEVEL FIREFIGHTER/EMT
Chena-Goldstream Fire & Rescue is seeking people to fill full-time PAID Entry Level Firefighter/EMT, Driver/Medic and Shift Officer positions working a rotating 48/96 shift. Salary DOE
Status: FULL TIME PAID
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Applications are now being accepted.
We are looking for local Shift Officers, Driver/Medics, and Firefighter/EMTs who have strong leadership qualities, are hardworking, and self-motivated looking for a full time paid position!
TYPICAL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
▪ High school diploma or equivalent
▪ Possession of State of Alaska or IFSAC Firefighter 1 for Entry Level positions ▪ Possession of State of Alaska or IFSAC Firefighter 2 for Shift Officer and Driver/Medic ▪ Possession of American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider card ▪ Valid Alaska Class “D” Driver’s License at time of hire
▪ Documented Apparatus Operator/Pumper Training/Experience
▪ State of Alaska EMT 1 Certification for Engineer and Firefighter positions ▪ State of Alaska EMT 3, AEMT, or Paramedic Certification and ability to serve as a lead medic for Shift Officer and Driver/Medic positions. 3% Paramedic incentive
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES (Depending on position)
▪ Operate as the shift lead, managing a crew of paid staff, volunteers, and scholarship students
▪ Function as the lead medic on a 2-3-person ambulance
▪ Drive and operate fire apparatus to include ambulances, engines, and tenders. ▪ Lead crews on emergency scenes
▪ Shift work consisting of 48 hour shifts
Chena Goldstream Fire & Rescue is an At-Will, Equal Opportunity Employer. 1
Chena-Goldstream Fire & Rescue is an all hazards fire department that covers the outskirts of the west side of the Fairbanks North Star Borough that covers approximately 80 square miles of fire service area and 729 square miles of EMS service area averaging around 800 calls per year. The department has four fire stations, with daily full time staffing consisting of one Shift Officer, Engineer, Firefighter/EMT, three Firefighter/EMT scholarship students and volunteer Firefighter/EMTs. We frequently operate on emergency scenes alongside other fire department agencies in the Fairbanks North Star Borough and the Alaska State Troopers.
▪ Competitive wage
▪ Full Paid Medical for employee and family
▪ 13% department contribution to retirement
▪ Strong PTO program
Should you be chosen for the interview and assessment center, the following events will take place;
- Final Candidates are interviewed.
- Physical agility test
The final results will be reviewed by the Fire Chief.
Employment offers will be contingent upon passing a department physical agility test, drug test, physician physical and background check.
Before applying, please review the full application packet located at www.cgfr.com that includes the Position Descriptions and Employment Application. Please send the following documents to CGFR via email@example.com or deliver to Chena-Goldstream Fire & Rescue, Station 42
▪ CGFR Employment Application
▪ Names and contact information for three professional references
▪ Copies of all required certifications and licenses
ALL POSITIONS WILL BE POSTED UNTIL FILLED
Chena Goldstream Fire & Rescue is an At-Will, Equal Opportunity Employer.
716 Chena Ridge Road, Fairbanks, Alaska 99709-5701
Business (907) 479-5672
Fax (907) 479-5858